|Faculty In The News|
- November 2013 A new paper by former graduate student Costanza Biavaschi (currently at the Institute for the Study of Labor) on the economic benefits of immigrants "Americanizing" their names are featured on the Freakonomics blog and on the website of the Institute for the Study of Labor.
- November 14, 2013 Eugene white quoted in Forbes at opening of Federal Reserve Bank's Centennial exhibit at the Museum of American Finance
- November 10, 2013 Doctoral student Geoff Clarke's work on "The Disappearing Gay Wage Penalty" (forthcoming in Economics Letters) was cited in the Boston Globe.
- October 28, 2013 Michael D. Bordo and John Landon-Lane's recent reserach on monetary policy and asset market bubbles is cited in the Wall Street Journal blog.
- October 16, 2013 Michael D. Bordo discusses The European Crisis on VOX.
- October 10, 2013 Eugene White quoted in Bloomberg News story on U.S. risk of default.
- On September 25, 2013 Eugene White spoke at the opening of the Fed@100 exhibit at The Museum of American Finance (located at 48 Wall Street, NYC). He served as an outside academic curator for the exhibit, which is part of the observation of the Federal Reserve System's centennial year. The other speakers were David Cowen, President of the Museum and William Dudley, President of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- August 17, 2013 Anne Piehl's research cited in The Economist.
- July 22, 2013 Rosanne Atlshuler's Senate Finance Testimony cited on CNN Money.
- July 6, 2013 Michael Bordo's recent research on A trio of trilemmas -The gold standard holds worrying lessons for the single currency.
- June 22, 2013 Rosanne Altshuler's recent research on taxing U.S. multinational corporations is cited in the Economist.
- June 21, 2013 Eugene White interviewed on American Public Media's Marketplace.
- May 31, 2013 Rosanne Altshuler's research cited in the New York Time's blog, Economix.
- May 30, 2013 Rosanne Altshuler publishes op-ed in New York Time's "Room for Debate".
- May 29, 2013 Rosanne Altshuler quoted in the NY Times article, "The Trouble With Taxing Corporations".
- May 2013 Econ Journal Watch presents a discussion with Hugh Rockoff on the findings of economic historians with regard to periods during which banks were lightly regulated.
- May 24, 2013 Rosanne Altshuler's research on corporate income taxation cited in the National Review.
- May 10, 2013 Research by Jennifer Hunt on immigrants and patents cited in the Washington Post.
- May 7, 2013 Former graduate student Constanza Biavaschi quoted in the Wall Street Journal on immigration to Germany.
- May 3, 2013 Rosanne Altshuler's recent research on international tax policy, "Fixing the System: An Analysis of Alernative Proposals for the Reform of International Taxation", discussed in Christian Science Monitor article.
- May 2, 2013 Jennifer Hunt's research on the "Impact of Immigration on the Educational Outcomes of U.S. Natives" cited in the National Journal.
- April 29, 2013 Jennifer Hunt's research on the "Impact of Immigration on the Educational Outcomes of the U.S. Natives" discussed in New Republic.
- April 26, 2013 Hugh Rockoff was cited on the website of Bruegel, the Belgium economic think tank, on the possibility of a two-currency-Eurozone.
- April 25, 2013 Rosanne Altshuler's research with former graduate student Li Liu quoted in Forbes.
- April 22, 2013 Anne Piehl's research on gang-based detterence cited in Washington Post blog on ways to reduce crime without annoying the NRA.
- April 22, 2013 Eugene White's work with Aresty Research Scholar Gurpal Sran quoted in the Daily Targum.
- April 17, 2013 Jennifer Hunt's research on the "Impact of Immigration on the Educational Outcomes of the U.S. Natives" discussed in Washington Post blog.
- April 16, 2013 Michael D. Bordo mentioned in The Wall Street Journal article, "Seminal Economic Paper Draws Fire".
- March 2013 Professor Jennifer Hunt meets President Clinton at the 20th Anniversary of the Family Medical Leave Act
- April 4, 2013 Jennifer Hunt featured in the Daily Targum.
- March 28, 2013 Rosanne Altshuler among 17 senior tax policy makers and advisers interviewed by Bloomberg Government on corporate tax reform.
- March 27, 2013 Rutgers Economist Jennifer Hunt Gets High-Level Post with U.S. Labor Department
- March 25, 2013 Eugene White blogs on bank supervision on VOX (a noted blog featuring research-based policy analysis and commentary from leading economists).
- February 28, 2013 Rosanne Altshuler discusses "Hot Topic: Sequester, the Economy and Higher Education" in Rutgers Today.
- January 30, 2013 A paper by Rosanne Altshuler was referenced in the Financial Times article, "Corporate Tax Posturing Should Stop".
- January 23, 2013 Neil Sheflin's research discussed in The New York Times - Business Day "Share of the Work Force in a Union Falls to a 97-Year Low, 11.3%".
- January 11, 2013 Eugene N. White has been profiled and his research has been featured in the National Bureau of Economic Research’s NBER Reporter (2012, Number 4).
- November 2012, Todd Keister featured in "Faculty Advice Column" in Daily Targum.
- November 11, 2012 Michael Bordo research discussed in Negocios,"EEUU puede demorar solución al precipicio fiscal hasta segundo trimestre de 2013".
- October 28, 2012 Carl Lin (Ph.D. Rutgers, 2012) on U.S. visa policy quoted in Business Week article entitled, "Why More Immigration Not Less is Key to U.S. Economics Growth. Carl is currently an assistant professor at Beijing Normal University and a Research Fellow of IZA Bonn.
- October 24, 2012 Professor Michael Bordo's recent research discussed in Time Business & Money, "Are We Getting the Economic Recovery We Deserve?"
- October 23, 2012 Professor Michael Bordo's research discussed in Financial Times editorial, "A Slow convalescence under Obama".
- October 21, 2012 Michael Bordo discusses recent research in a Bloomberg news editorial.
- October 16, 2012 Economics faculty members advise students to pay attention to numbers in The Daily Targum.
- October 14, 2012 Michael Bordo's research discussed in Hoover Institution Youtube video.
- October 13, 2012 Michael Bordo quoted in The Economist, "Trade-offs.. Having your cake...Less inequality does not need to mean less efficiency".
- October 3, 2012 Michael Bordo on the John Batchlor Show.
- October 2, 2012 Eugene White and Hugh Rockoff participated in a panel discussion at the Museum of American Finance in New York on "The Financial Regulatory Tide, In or Out?"
- September 29, 2012 Hugh Rockoff quoted in Elsevier, No. 39, "Alles voor de euro", pg46-50.
- September 27, 2012 Michael Bordo quoted in the Wall Street Journal, "Michael Bordo: Financial Recessions Don't Lead to Weak Recoveries".
- August 20, 2012, Bruce Mizrach and Rutgers graduate student, Cheng Gao quoted in NJBiz, "From Knight into day Direct Edge: Tech controls may have prevented $440M disaster of its ex-owner".
- August 8, 2012, Michael Bordo quoted in the Washington Post, "Economists to Romney campaign: That’s not what our research says".
- July 28, 2012, Eugene White quoted in the Wall Street Journal, "Breaking Up Is Hard To Do".
- April 25, 2012, Jennifer Hunt on PBS Newshour.
- April 2, 2012, Eugene White discusses bank regulation in a podcast hosted by the Libary of Economics and Liberty on April 2, 2012.
- On March 31 a reception was held at the annual meetings of the Economic History Society at Oxford to launch Hugh Rockoff's new book, America's Economic Way of War: War and the American Economy from the Spanish-American War to the Persian Gulf War. This book, published by Cambridge University Press, appears in a series sponsored by the Society.
- March 28, 2012, Former graduate student Li Liu's dissertation research was discussed in The Independent on March 28, 2012.
- March 22, 2012, Jennifer Hunt quoted in Marketplace Freakonomics Radio,
"Closing the gender gap in patent filing".
- March 2012, Michael D. Bordo quoted in the The Atlantic Magazine, "The Villain".
- March 17, 2012, Michael D. Bordo quoted in The Economist, "Body of evidence -Is a concentration of wealth at the top to blame for financial crises?".
- March 6, 2012, Michael D. Bordo quoted in The Atlantic Magazine, "No, Democrats: Income Inequality Didn't Cause the Financial Crisis".
- March 2, 2012, Michael D. Bordo interviewed in Region Focus - The Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, Fourth Quarter 2011. The entire interview can be viewed at: www.richmondfed.org/publications.
- February 11, 2012, Eugene White quoted in the Sunday New York Times, "Break Up the Banks? Here’s an Alternative".
- February 2, 2012, Rosanne Altshuler quoted on MSNBC.com, "Industries in limbo as Congress mulls expired tax breaks".
- January 31, 2012, Rosanne Altshuler quoted in The Hill, "Lawmakers debate temporary provisions, with eye on reform".
- January 30, 2012, Michael Bordo quoted in the Wall Street Journal - The Outlook,
"Bernanke's Imprint on Fed Not Easily Erased".
- Winter 2012, Rosanne Altshuler interviewed in Rutgers Magazine.
- January 13, 2012 Michael Bordo interview on Wall Street Journal's Market Watch on Federal Reserve policy towards interest rates.