Please read the following instructions carefully before beginning the application process.
- Prerequisite coursework for admission to the Economics Master's program is described here
- Applicants should apply to the program through the Rutgers University Graduate and Professional Admissions website.
- Application Deadline: July 1 for both International and US-based student. However, space in the program is limited and potential applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible. Admissions decisions will be communicated as early as March.
- Application Requirements: A list of required application materials, which is maintained by the Graduate and Professional Admissions office can be found here.
Materials required for the application include:
* Official transcripts
* Two letters of recommendation
* Personal statement.
* No GRE test required for application
* TOEFL or IELTS test scores (if non-native English speaker - details of who must submit a TOEFL/IELTS score may be found here)
Official test scores (TOEFL/IELTS) must be sent directly from ETS to Rutgers University (use code 2790 for Rutgers university, no code for our department is needed).
Official transcripts and other material which is not submitted online should be mailed to:
Office of Graduate and Professional Admissions
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
56 Bevier Road
Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Minimal requirements for applicants who must submit a TOEFL score are:
The acceptable IELTS score is bandwidth 7.
Checking Status of Your Application and Contacting the Admissions Office
You can check the status of your application at this link.
You should keep in mind that the Graduate and Professional School Admissions Office, not the Economics Department, manages your application and you should address all questions about your application to the Admissions Office. Their website contains answers to most questions in their FAQS and their contact information is listed here. If you can't find your answers using these resources (and please try them first) then inquiries can be sent to the contact information below.
Program Director: Norman Swanson